We've got a release date! October 27th, Shadowlands will arrive.
The Pre-Patch will likely hit a couple of weeks earlier and it will bring substantial changes
to pet battling. Xu-Fu's is in the middle of preparing for this upheaval of pet battle strategies, because many of them will not work anymore and will need to be changed or even removed.
To give you the best experience through this process, we are using a phased approach outlined here:
Phase 1 - Now until Shadowlands Pre-Patch
We are going through strategies on the PTR and Beta and are adding a new color code:
- Red: This strategy has been tested on the PTR or Beta and will not work anymore. We have left a comment on the strategy explaining the problem.
- Yellow: The strategy has not been tested, yet. It might be OK - or not.
- Green: The strategy has been tested and perhaps slightly adjusted. It will continue to work in Shadowlands.
You will find this information at the very top of each strategy, looking like this:
If you own a strategy that has been marked red and made adjustments to it, please reply to the comment left by us so we can re-test and update the tag.
Remember that it needs to be tested on the PTR or Beta :-)
Phase 2 - Pre-Patch
Once the changes to pet battles go live with the pre-patch, we will do the following:
- All strategy creators who own a strategy marked in yellow or red will receive a notification
- Creators will then have the option to change the color marker of their own strategies
- We will keep going through strategies and updating them from our side
- All "red" strategies will be unpublished to reduce confusion and frustration
Phase 3 - Shadowlands
On or shortly after the release of Shadowlands, we will do a full reset of the ratings and favourites of strategies.
This will be a very invasive step but we feel that it is necessary to have a fresh start in the new pet battling landscape. It will ultimately make the ratings and the associated priority system more accurate than if we carried over the previous ratings that might highlight a strategy that has become less optimal.